More than 450 kickstarter-backers made it possible: The Trioplan lens is available NOW. Together with the lens, you´ll receive a 100€ voucher for your next order of another Meyer Optik Görlitz legend.
Trioplan 100mm f2.8
This is a deposit for your preorder. The difference to the total price () is due on delivery.
* All Prices incl. VAT plus shipping cost
- Countries of destination: EU: Shipping costs are €4,99
- Shipping costs for each order are €4,99 independent of size or weight of order.
- Country of destination: USA: Shipping costs are €14,99.
- hipping costs for each order are €7,99 independent of size or weight of order.
You´ll find more details about the delivery to other countries HERE.
- Meyer-Optik Görlitz
- Focal length
- Light intensity
- Aperture Blades
- 15, steel, special anti reflex coating
- Smallest Aperture
- Optical design
- 3 elements in 3 assembly units
- Minimum focusing distance
- Filter diameter
- Delivery time
- 2-3 days
Leica M + Leica TL: Rangefinder is not supported, focussing via live view function
Recapture the beauty, art and essence of the 'soap bubble' bokeh with the new Trioplan f2.8/100 for DSLR and mirrorless cameras.
- The best of artistic, classic photography coupled with today’s state-of-the-art technology.
- Based on a classical triplet construction, with three lens elements separated by air spaces - just like its predecessor.
- Created with high-end coated glass from Schott, allowing for higher contrast, improved sharpness and lower vignetting.
- 100% aluminum differential thread which is noiseless, providing a silence and smoothness ideal for digital filming.
- Mounts available for DSLR and mirrorless cameras including Canon, Fuji X, Nikon, M42, Micro-Four-Thirds, Sony E, Pentax K, Leica M and Leica TL.
Trioplan – Video
A legend in focus:
We are bringing back the legendary Meyer Optik Trioplan lens, known for its fabulous 'soap bubble' bokeh after almost a century. In today's times of ultra-sharp lenses and pixel battles, we want to enable photographers all over the world to experience the true essence of photography and bring the charm of the last century to today's images and videos. The soap bubble bokeh brings the photographer - and viewer - on an adventure that photo editing simply cannot recreate.
Get close up to the updated Trioplan f2.8/100 lens
The original Trioplan was created by Hugo Meyer in 1916. It was based on the Cooke-Triplet, designed by Harold Dennis Taylor in 1893. The Trioplan was one of the first affordable lens constructions that allowed a relatively high optical correction, an extraordinary sharp center, and a high maximum aperture. When used wide-open at f2.8, especially when exposed to backlight, the Trioplan shows its famous character, its bokeh, known as the soap bubble bokeh.
Why the Trioplan’s images are so beautiful?
Modern lenses are typically excellent in terms of reproducing reality but the Trioplan is something completely different. Think of it as a special brush used by a painter, as it is a lens that creates art. The Trioplan is brilliant for many uses: nature, portrait and macro shots. Beside its wonderful and unique soap bubble bokeh, which appears in backlight situations, when it is used wide open at f.2.8 it achieves a balanced sharpness with a wonderful soft texture in out-of-focus areas.
We need your support!
We are a team that is committed to photography, tradition and art. This project combines all of these elements, and we are excited to have developed the prototypes, tested them and are poised to start manufacturing. With your help, we will make this happen. And so we invite you to be part of our community. That's why we wanted to bring this project to the Kickstarter community: it’s a community that understands art, technology, and drives amazing opportunities, such as this.
Every moment of this journey has been magical, but the best can only come with your help - please join us to make a dream come true!